Late last month, Matrix AI Network (MAN), a global open-source, public, intelligent blockchain-based distributed computing platform and operating system, combining advanced artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain technology, launched its mainnet platform.
“Our team has built a high performance blockchain that addresses the issues of speed, safety, performance, functionality and interoperability that have been a constant challenge to widespread blockchain adoption,” said Dr. Steve Deng, Chief AI Scientist for Matrix AI Network.
Matrix AI Network Core Features
The Matrix platform offers the following features:
1. Auto-Coding Smart Contracts – Matrix Smart Contracts use Natural Language Programming (NLP) and adaptive deep learning-based templates to auto-code. Currently, English and Chinese languages are supported.
2. AI-powered Cybersecurity – Matrix’s Secure Virtual Machine uses AI-backed vulnerability detection with fault-tolerant protocols to recognize transaction vulnerabilities, identify loopholes and correct errors, while using a generative adversarial network (GAN) to continuously simulate attacks and exploitation of the network and identify and patch potential bugs and loopholes
3. Adaptive Blockchain Parameters – Matrix enables the seamless integration of public and private chains with the capability for multi-chain collaboration. Support for adaptive self-optimization and the ability to adjust blockchain parameters without the creation of a hard fork. Matrix uses an evolutionary algorithm built to support enterprise and government ecosystems.
4. Value-Added Green Mining – Matrix incorporates an innovative mining mechanism to run its Markov-Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) algorithms. All nodes connected to the Matrix AI Network that are not actively engaged in mining and verification tasks are available to solve AI tasks by lending their excess computing power in exchange for token rewards. This leads to more affordable, scalable and secure AI processing. Instead of using a traditional hash algorithm, Matrix is supporting deep learning algorithms. This combination will boost the performance and affordability of operations on the Matrix AI Server.
5.Dynamic Delegation Network – Proprietary network hierarchy created with a distributed random clustering process without centralized control enables hybrid PoS + PoW consensus mechanism – alternatively described as either HPoW or Hyper PoW – to enable high system throughput speeds (starting at 5,000 TPS, fully encrypted) and reduces transaction latency.
With the mainnet launch, the Matrix community will shortly be able to start mining and commence verification activities and block rewards mined during this early stage are expected to be redistributed as follows:
- 1,000,000 MAN will be airdropped to everyone who completes the token swap by or before a date that will shortly be announced to the community.
- Everyone who tested nodes on the testnet will receive 500 MAN each.
- Once the public can start mining, the first 200 miners (online for 100,000 blocks) will receive 1000 MAN each.
- Once the public can start verifying, the first 100 verifiers (online for 100,000 blocks) will receive 2000 MAN each.
- 2,000,000 MAN will be burned.
- Approximately 400,000 MAN will be used to cover transaction fees during the initial four to six weeks.
- The remaining tokens will be used for ecosystem development.
Progress and Potential
Although Matrix has three of its five core team members holding PhDs and strong ties to academia, the company has moved beyond theory to practical real-world applications. In the AI-enabled healthcare space, Matrix is working with Beijing Cancer Hospital, 302 Hospital and several other Chinese hospitals to develop early cancer diagnostic systems relating to lung, thyroid and liver cancers.
In logistics, Matrix AI Network recently announced a partnership with OGI Ocean Gate Transportation Company, an international freight forwarding and integrated logistics services company, to develop the MBC platform, the world’s only international shipping intelligent trading platform. The MBC platform will exist as a sidechain in the Matrix ecosystem, with planned development to include a Payment Settlement System, Financial Service System and Transaction Matching System.
Matrix also recently announced a partnership with LITEX, a fully decentralized value exchange ecosystem built on layer-2 technology, able to realize off-chain transaction and cross-chain communication. LITEX is expected to enable interoperability with other public chains and facilitate transfers between the MAN token and other currencies via atomic swaps. With the addition of LITEX’s layer-2 technology, Matrix AI Network anticipates that it will be able to reach even greater system throughput speeds.
As investors, economists and entrepreneurs increasingly look to the convergence of AI, Big Data, and Blockchain, Matrix finds itself in the enviable position of standing at the epicenter of these emerging trends. “Our innovations focus on two big areas for helping AI scale. The first, was creating value-added green mining for blockchain that would help power under-supported forms of AI research in a sustainable fashion. The second, was to increasing the quality and scope of data for AI by creating a hybrid infrastructure with the security, functionality, and interoperability to bridge public and private data ecosystems,” said Dr. Deng in a recent interview.