If you accidentally closed an important tab, when it is quite a tedious job for you to recover it. If you want to elusive those pages without losing any data, then you can bookmark them accordingly. In this article, we are going to explain to you how to reopen a closed tab in web browsers.
In the case of the browser re-installation process, you can’t get back previous browsing sessions. Therefore, you might open them manually by writing down those specific URLs in the address bar.
But, it is quite a challenging process to memorize the website links accurately. On the other hand, you will fail to access those tabs without putting the address accordingly. However, we are going to explain the steps accordingly to overcome this problem effectively.
How to Re-open a Closed Tab in Google Chrome?
There is an ample number of options to re-open any tab in the Google Chrome platform.
By using the Tab Bar:
It is the most relevant steps to get back the webpages that you have recently used. Then, follow this method and perform it very quickly.
- Launch the Chrome browser window and right-click on the empty part of the tab bar.
- Now, choose Reopen closed tab from the context menu and click on it.
- Thus, you can launch the multiple tabs that you have opened previously. You might open them in chronologically reverse order.
Via Shortcut Keys:
To reopen the closed tabs, you can use the shortcut keys. Repeatedly choosing the same option, you can easily launch your previously closed tabs.
- Launch the Google Chrome window and hold the Ctrl button.
- After that, press the Alt and T simultaneously from the keyboard to re-launch the closed tab.
- Release them after opening them and complete the process accordingly.
If you can’t remember the URLs that you visited before a few days, then it is quite difficult to open it again. However, you can follow the steps below if you really need to visit them again.
- After launching a browser window, click on the Control and Customize button (three-dotted icon) from the top-right corner of the window.
- Select History from the drop-down list and choose Recently Closed tabs from the sub-menu.
- In a new window, you can see a list of items that were recently closed.
- Your browser history displays in a new tab and they are grouped into time periods.
- Tap on those tabs and launch your required pages respectively.
How to Re-open a Closed Tab in Mozilla Firefox?
- First, open the Firefox browser window and then right-click on the tab head.
- Then, choose Undo Close Tab from the drop-down menu. But, you can find the same option in a different place as it might differ according to the version of firefox.
- You can see a queue of data which you have researched before a few days. Select them accordingly and click on them to open that page again.
However, you can use the shortcut keys to re-open the webpages without wasting your valuable time. Then, choose your required pages from that list.
By using the Browser History Tab
- Click on the Firefox menu from the upper-right corner of the browser window( horizontal icon).
- A drop-down menu will appear on the screen with several menu icons.
- Then, tap on the History menu and click on the webpage that you want to open in the current tab.
- You get multiple items and recently closed tabs on that same list. However, under restore tabs, the recently closed tabs are enlisted and you can recover them accordingly.
- To restore the recently closed webpages, you can directly hit on the Restore Closed Tabs.
Access the Closed Webpages Easily
Most of the time, the users forget the name of the webpages. Remembering the exact URL links is quite a tedious job for you! In that case, the following steps will help you a lot to overcome this problem effectively.
- Open the Firefox browser window and click on the three horizontal lines from the top-right corner.
- Choose View History Sidebar from the menu that appears on the screen.
- Next, you get multiple options to re-launch the previously accessed webpages. Tap on the Last 7 Days option from that list. It will display full information about all the webpages that you visited in the last week.
- Now, click on any of the sites and view in the new tab or current tab according to your choice.
- After that, you can visit the pages of webpages that you visited in previous months. Even, you can see the older files than six months with their file information. Simply, scroll down until you find your required file and click on it to recover that specific webpage accordingly.
- However, this sidebar will stay at the left panel of the window in reverse order according to the date. Insert the name of the webpages in the search box and press the View button.
- You can quickly search any items as well by using the Advanced Search option.
- Here, you need to only put your required keywords and you get similar items by tapping on the Show All History from History menu.
Restore the Webpages in your Last Restore Session:
- Again, click on the History tab from the Firefox menu drop-down list.
- Under the History page, click on the Restore Previous Session and easily retrieve the pages from the last session.
- After choosing the previous option, the webpages are opened automatically. Thus, you can retrieve all the pages without any effort.
How to Re-open a Closed Tab in Internet Explorer?
- Right-click on a new tab and then choose the Reopen Closed Tab from the drop-down list.
- Now, pick up the webpages that you need to open by clicking on them one after another.
- After that, you can use multiple tabs and open the pages in the order they are closed.
- If you want to restore the information from the most recently closed tabs, then you can press Ctrl and Shift+T from the keyboard together.
- However, you can use them repeatedly to launch the pages in chronological order.
Open the previous Contents Quickly:
If you visited last week or for the last few days, then you get the opportunity to re-open it by using the simple method.
- Type the name of the webpages or specific URLs in the address and keep space immediately after them.
- You can easily retrieve the information by clicking on the search button.
- Now, click on the View favorites button from the upper-right side of the browser window. It is a time-saving process to restore the webpages in the future.
View History Details:
This process helps you to retrieve the recently used webpages without any data modification. You can view a list and easily get the page from this useful browser.
- Click on the History tab and then choose the time frame corresponding to your search history.
- Go through the list that displays and then tap on the webpages that you want to launch.
- In the case of the latest Internet Explorer version, then easily open all the tabs from the last browsing tabs.
- Check the Command Bar first whether it is active or not. Then, right-click on the empty part of the bar.
- Next, choose Command Bar from the context menu that appears on the window.
- Click on the Tools from that bar and select Reopen last browsing session from the drop-down list.
How to Re-open a Closed Tab in Microsoft Edge?
To open the most recently closed tabs in Microsoft Edge, you can follow the steps sequentially.
- Launch a Microsoft Edge browser window and right-click on the edge icon.
- Now, choose the Reopen Closed Tab from the drop-down list and you can see a list of webpages in the order they were opened.
- You can use the Hub button from the toolbar in the upper-right corner of the browser window.
- Here, you will get a History icon and tap on it.
- Select the Time Period and then hit the Enter key to show a list of webpages that are accessed in last week or older.
- You can re-open them in the current tab. Otherwise, choose the New tab to open the pages accordingly.
How to Re-open a Closed Tab in Opera?
If you want to open a webpage again, then you can follow the process to open the pages easily.
- Click on the Tab Menu button in the upper-right corner of the Opera window.
- Now, choose Recently Closed to expand the list of previously closed tabs.
- After that, identify the webpages that you need to open and tap on them accordingly.
- You can open them on a new tab or you can launch the last recent webpage in the current tab.
- After that, press Ctrl+H together to get random webpages from the list of different online accessed pages. The webpages in this section are arranged by date. So, it is definitely easier to re-open any of your required webpage from the History section.
In this article, we have defined various steps on how to reopen a closed tab in different browsers. Hopefully, this content will be helpful to you to make the process easy to perform. If you can follow this process thoroughly, then it will better to recover the previous data within a short amount of time.
Do read more tech guides on TCU.