Over 13 years ago, Daniel EK and Martin Lorentz founded a worldwide streaming service named Spotify. Moreover, a hundred million subscribers and millions of users all over the world, Spotify already made a place among the top digital music player. Spotify gained all the popularity among music lovers because of its easy to use policies.
You can simply sign up to a Spotify account with your email address, or you can easily connect by using your Facebook ID. If you are not interested to join the monthly subscription for the premium facilities, you can still take a tour in Spotify to test it. The Spotify premium subscription allows you to access all the music without any interruption of ads. However, you can enjoy the free version which is obviously ad-supported.
Before going to the part of how to delete a Spotify account first you should be aware of how to use or how does Spotify work?
- First of all, you need to sign up, for that you have to visit the website.
- For creating an account on Spotify, you have to put a valid Email id, Username, and a password.
- You can also create your account with a Facebook address. This way you’ll have easy access to your friends who are already on Spotify.
- Next, you have to choose a subscription. You’ll always have an option to choose between free or premium service. The premium will give you uninterrupted music while the free service will have ads.
- You can download Spotify application free of cost, on your android,iPhone/iPad or desktop.
- Getting started with Spotify is easy. Once you start to explore the streaming service you’ll gradually find out Spotify will receive you with much more.
Different Ways to download Songs from Spotify?
You can download your favorite songs from Spotify and can listen to them offline. But these facilities are only for Premium membership users. This downloading facility still has some backdowns, because you can’t download songs on Spotify individually, you can only download songs that are a part of a playlist or any album.
The Spotify Premium Membership will allow you to download more than thousands of songs and give a facility to listen in offline mode. If you are trying to listen to your favorite music while traveling, where you don’t have access to the internet you can easily use the perks of offline mood.
Downloading songs on Spotify is very simple, you just have to click the three dots that are available on the top right side. And select the link Download.
Just like every other music streaming service, Spotify offers some pros and cons. First, you should be aware of the benefits.
Also Check: How to Reopen a Closed Tab In Web Browsers
Spotify Premium facilities
The Spotify Premium subscription gives you a better experience than a free version. With high-quality music, an uninterrupted free of ad experience, limitless skips, and an addition to that access to listen to your favorite audios even offline. You will also have the option to choose the family account.
The high-quality streaming feature on Spotify is a plus point. Ogg Vorbis format is used in streaming, and the audio quality follows different levels:
- Low Quality
- Normal Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality
You can choose the quality based on your choices and preference for data usage. Very high streaming is available only for the Spotify Premium Members.
Spotify adds some more facilities by tying up with Hulu, a video streaming service. The Hulu service comes with a variety of good TV shows and a collection of movies. All of this with a reasonable cost.
Showtime subscription plan
The student users of Spotify, not only have access to the premium and Hulu services, now they can enjoy the perks of Showtime too.
Get rid of the shuffle only mode
The Premium Subscription of Spotify will give you access to play any song you like to hear absolutely shuffle free.
With all the above-mentioned perks of Spotify, you must want to know about why you decide to delete your Spotify account? Here are some cons of using Spotify
- The Premium membership offers you ad-free music, but a free account holder in Spotify complained about the frequent loud ad. The interrupting frequent ads between music is very much annoying, that even raised the question to the users if the Spotify free service should exist or not!
- Some users complained that many songs of various or their albums are missing from the catalog of Spotify.
- With the lack of songs and genres of different albums and artists, some users may find the playlist of Spotify not worthy to subscribe.
- If you think the money you have to pay for the subscription goes to the artist. Whose work you decided to stream. You are wrong! A large amount of money collected by Spotify from the subscription or the majority of the amount goes to popular artists. But the independent artists don’t get the expense.
- Many Spotify users reported that there are lots and lots of bugs in Spotify. Plus if you are deciding to quit Spotify after few years of use, you will not be able t0o take your playlist with you easily.
Despite all of the mentioned cons of Spotify makes you feel like you need to delete your account right now, here are guidelines to help you
Firstly, if you are thinking about deleting your Free Spotify account, you can follow the steps below :
- First, visit the homepage of Spotify and select the login or sign in link.
- Next, you have to put all the details of your account.
- After logging in go to the bottom of the Spotify page, there you will see the About link. Click on the link.
4.The previous step will take you to the page of About Us. Here you can click on the link named Contact Us in the section of Customer service.
5. Next, you have to select the Account Category.
6. The earlier step will take you to the next page where you have to choose or click on the I want to close my Spotify account permanently. On the next page select Close Account.
7. In the next page, Spotify will try to keep your account by opening we’re sad you want to leave us page. Here you have to select the Close Account option.
- Then, Spotify will confirm again if you are wishing to leave.select the Continue button.
- Lastly, in the final step of deleting your account, you have to select the Close My Account. After that, a verification message will be sent to your email address by Spotify. After that, you will finally be able to break the relations with Spotify.
How to delete a Spotify Premium Account
If you are subscribed to Spotify Premium Service, first you have to cancel the premium membership to delete the account. Here are the steps.
- First, sign-in to your paid Spotify Account.
- Select your name, that is just on the upper right side of the page.
- Click on the Account link
- Next, in the opened account page, select the Subscription link.
- The subscription page will lead you to Cancel your Subscription link. Click the link.
- This step will open the Can we help page. There Spotify will want to know from you why you decided to quit the subscription. After choosing the appropriate reason Spotify will direct you to a different page on the basis of the response you selected. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the link Cancel My Subscription.
- On the next page, put your password and then select the link named Cancel My Subscription.
Your premium paid Spotify Subscription finally will be canceled. Your account will automatically change to the free version.
Things to keep in mind before deleting your account
- After deleting your account you will permanently lose your Spotify Username, you won’t be able to use it again.
- You will no longer have any access to your music playlist created by you, also you’ll lose your followers and every data you saved in the library previously.
- If you are subscribed to the student discount, you will be unable to apply the discount on any other account. At least for 12 months.
You can still choose to delete your Premium Subscription and to keep your free account. Thus you can still listen to for free in Spotify keeping yourself out from the above.
This digital music platform giving all the free and paid options to its users. In addition to that, the monthly subscription cost for the premium service is reasonable and competitive with other similar platforms. Still, there are some backdowns faced by the Spotify users that may make you want to delete your account or rethink about creating an account. Whatever your reason to leave the Spotify account you have to always keep in mind that you will have seven days time period to change your mind. After that, you won’t have the chance to reactivate your Spotify account.