Chromecast is a Google streaming media adapter that can be used to play online content like videos and music on a digital laptop and in this article, we will understand how to Chromecast from laptop. It is a dongle that plugs into the TV’s HDMI port and a cable connects to a USB port to power the device. Through a mobile app, it enables smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers to be used as a TV remote. After starting streaming, the app can be closed and the device can be used for other purposes.
Chromecast can stream on various streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Google Play, Chrome Browser, and others. Chromecast’s other rivals are Roku’s Streaming Stick and Apple TV. It is the new age of the laptop. It is portable and really easy to use, it just has to be plugged in, connect to Wi-Fi and all the streaming online platforms can be streamed from a mobile device or PC to laptop very easily.
Chromecast can be used when you are traveling and in a hotel or on vacation. You will not have to go through the trouble of watching the hotel laptop that may not broadcast your favorite show or stream your favorite streaming platform so getting to use the Chromecast here is going to be lifesaving. Using Chromecast on the go can be daunting but it can be doable. You will just have to pack a portable wireless or any other router and plug it into the Ethernet port on the wall.
Significant Features and Applications of Chromecast in Our Daily Life
The phone that one has in the Daydream and the Chromecast has to be on the same Wi-Fi network and the Google Home app (Android, iOS) has to be installed. Then just go to Google Home, select the option Cast, and get it to send the Virtual Reality images. Put the phone into the headset and everyone else will be able to see the virtual reality that you have been experiencing or any other virtual reality you want them to experience. With Gear VP, the same can be done.
Chromecast can also be used as slideshows, without any projectors. Google Photos has Chromecast support and there one can cast the pictures from Google photos in iOS, Android and PC to the laptop. The Cast Icon app is on the top of the Google Photos and there one can connect with it.
Chromecast can play music on the laptop, for that one has to download Google Play Music (Android or iOS) and after opening the app one has to select the cast icon, choose Chromecast from the device list and then just select what they want to play. Beyond someone’s own music one can use Google Play Music with free streaming of radio and Youtube.
Spotify Premium subscribers can also cast tunes through their Chromecast but they will have to make sure that their device is on the same Wi-Fi network as their Chromecast. They have to open the Spotify app, play one track, select devices they want to use and then go select Chromecast. They can also use Pandora.
Many people complain that Chromecast doesn’t really support local media playback so that one can not use the content that they saved in the cloud. They, with the app plex, can stream music, movies, photos via the Chromecast. Plex app is the one who organizes the scattered content and lets them enjoy it from their devices. To use it, one has to sign up in the app, download it and then send its content to the Chromecast.
Phone can be used as a remote for the cable or Chromecast, but it can also use it to bypass the process of having to change the input to cast if their laptop supports HDMI-CEC.
Benefits of Chromecast in Accessing Media Technology
Virtual reality is a new age media technology and through Chromecast one can even send what’s on the headset to laptop through Google’s Daydream View headset and a Chromecast.
- The first generation of Chromecast does not feature the latest and upgraded technology. Google will not update the firmware for that model so it is important to upgrade the gadget.
- The adapter looks like the same Chromecast power cord but it has a small Ethernet port. In order to use it, the Ethernet cable connected to the modem and then to that port, needs to be plugged into the USB end of the adapter and then into the Chromecast, attaching the Chromecast to the HDMI port on the laptop and then finally the Chromecast is ready to be used. It is really easy to use and makes the streaming experience all the more enjoyable.
- When guests visit the house one can let them watch what they want without giving them access to the Wi-Fi. The Chromecast guest mode can be turned on and a Google Cast Ready app near about 25 feet of the Chromecast will be able to cast when the option is seen on their device. It can fail sometimes but it is really easy to fix. The user can manually enter the four-digit PIN that can be seen on the laptop into the app’s settings on their device.
- All the tracking cannot be blocked since Chromecast is really the conduit for content on the internet but it can be limited nevertheless. One goes to open the Google Home app and then select the Devices, then select Chromecast. Then they have to select from the settings and uncheck the option “Send Chromecast Device usage Data and Crash Reports to Google.”
How to Cast a tab from Chrome
You can Chromecast from your laptop in different ways. You can easily connect this valuable device and create a hassle-free connection. However, take a look at them and complete the process as soon as possible.
How To Connect a Chromecast at the First Time?
When you have it, you can use the television remote to go to Settings and select HDMI-CEC option and then enable it, casting to your television, you don’t have to change the input and just start casting to the Chromecast from another device and the Chromecas will send a signal to the television forcing the television to switch to the Chromecast. The television remote will now pause, play and work whatever that you are watching on the Chromecast.
How to Start the Casting Process on Chromecast?
To Cast Chrome on the Laptop do the following steps to finish the task very easily.
- Open Chrome Browser window.
- On the top right of the corner, you can see the More option (three-dotted icon).
- Select Cast from the drop-down menu that can be seen above.
- Then choose the Chromecast device under the Cast menu that you want to use.
- If Chromecast is being used, it will replace other content.
- After that, click Cast and then Stop.
Cast Videos and Media
You can also add videos and media file via the powerful device. Moreover, you can easily cast the video data and play audio devices with the help of the technical gadgets respectively.
- On the video or media, click on Cast option.
- Make sure that all of the peripheral devices are connected to that device very tightly.
- When you will see the video or image on the laptop, but you will be able to hear sound on the device you are using. Sounds of other tabs or apps used will still play music.
Cast the Computer Screen
- Open Chrome Browser window and then, go to the top-right corner of the window.
- Click on the More and then select the Cast menu tab.
- Next to ‘Cast to’, click Down arrow and get a list of several items.
- Click Cast Desktop icon and
- Choose the Chromecast device where you will watch the content.
Cast Music and Videos
- Click on the Chrome browser icon and launch its window on the screen.
- Top right, click More and then Cast
- Next to ‘Cast to’ click the down arrow
- Under ‘stream a video or audio file’, pick up the Cast File option.
- Select your desired file from that list and then search for the Chromecast device.
- Finally, choose the Chromecast device you want to play the file and enjoy the functions of that device effortlessly.
How to add Background Photos on Background
One can even add photos to the Chromecast Background. It can range from their own photos to Google’s selection of photos to switch up the Chromecast background with Ambient Mode.
In the Google Home app, one has to tap the icon to open the Chromecast. Then just go select Device settings and then scroll down to the option Ambient mode. Tap that option and one will be able to scroll through choices that let them add images from Google or their own photos or photos from Facebook, Instagram, and other social media sites. One can also add weather, time or other things on their display.
Google Chromecast is an amazing product from Google that has numerous potential and limitless features that help the streaming and other media consumption experiences truly unique and very personal. It is a very efficient service or product from Google and is very useful in the modern world of technologies.
Read More tech Guides.